Thursday, September 18, 2008

Appendicitis!

We had a good scare on Tuesday, well - I guess I had a good scare. David went to the doctors because Monday night he had horrible abdominal pains and didn't sleep all night long. A friend was nice enough to take him to Kaiser Tuesday morning and stay with him all day, and it turned out that David needed an emergency surgery to get his appendix removed. I was in Southern California training for work, so I drove back home once it was confirmed he was going under the knife.


Even though this was a routine procedure, I was still worried. Everything turned went well and I was able to bring him home Wednesday afternoon. He is in a lot of pain and it is hard for him to move around, but he will be alright. He isn't a needy sick person, I think I keep bugging him more asking if there is anything I can do for him. He should be back on his feet by next week. Thanks to everyone who called and came by the hospital to visit...we appreciate your concerns!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Poor David :( He still looks handsome...even with his gown on! Love you Brother!

Kim Davis said...

Wow David, we feel your pain. Both Deven and I have had ours out and I really think it was more painful than child birth (I had mine out 1 week after Carter was born). We are glad you are o.k.

Danielle said...

Yesterday Thais had a little converstation with Jordan that went like this:
Thais: Dad, David's sick!
Jordan: Yep, Uncle David was sick.
Thais: Yeah, he died!

Brother we are so glad you didn't die and that everything went well:O)Love you!

Simpson Home said...

Glad David's home and has such a wonderful sweet nurse! You're pretty blessed David. Hugs- Get better love the Simpson's