Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Our first curve ball

Well, on Friday I was officially laid off, 5 1/2 months pregnant. We were worried all weekend mostly about the medical benefit factor, since I was still under my employers plan. Not knowing if my pregnancy would be a pre-existing condition, keeping me ineligible to be added to David's insurance was extremely nerve racking for the both of us. Having a child with paying the high costs of COBRA caused a couple restless nights over the weekend. But yesterday we found out from David's HR Dept. that pregnancy is not considered as such and there should be no problem adding me to his policy.

Financially, David and I will be alright on his income, plus I will be able to collect unemployment for a while, we just have to budget a little better (but who doesn't right?!). On the more optimistic side of things, I can now rest and get everything ready for the arrival of our little son with plenty of time. Life just threw us our first unexpected curve ball since we've been married... but so far it looks as though we will be able to survive this new trial in our lives. We are thankful and blessed to know that the lord is watching over us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear that Kimmy! You will be in my prayers! Hang in there, the lord only gives you what you can handle at once :)

Suburban Monkey said...

I'm sorry to hear that you lost your job. These are indeed volitile times! Just as you said though, there is much to be thankful for in our lives and we are constanly being blessed from our Heavenly Father. Enjoy that R&R before baby comes!!